Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Deja Vu

          A summer of working has nearly come to an end. Much has happened the past few months, including the birth of our second daughter, Molli! She is the sweetest little snuggle bug! It is so fun having two little girls around. We moved to a bigger apartment, Austyn joined the Wyoming National Guard, completed his first year of college (YAY!!!) and have temporarily moved back to Vernal for work this summer.
          Austyn will be leaving for his basic training (aka Boot Camp) here in just days! He will be gone for an unfortunate 12 weeks, then immediately starting up his AIT (I'm sorry, but I can't quite remember what that all stands for). It's basically his more "job specific" advanced training.
          Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely honored and proud to have a husband serving in the United States Military, but I did marry this man with the assumption that he would NEVER up and join the Armed Forces reserves --- you'd think a "Navy brat" would be totally drawn to a man in a uniform... Not so much.
          The hardest thing I experienced growing up was those early mornings of driving my dad down to the docks for him to board that submarine.. He was gone for 3 whole months about twice a year for many years. My mom always handled it pretty well, but my brother and I would be balling our eyes out in the back seat watching him leave.
          Now I did kind of day dream once in a while of what it would be like to fall in love with a military man, that is until I met Austyn. There was no way I could ever push him to pursue a career that route. I am way too selfish. But he has our family's best interest at heart. There are many more advantages to the National Guard if you're looking for more of a "family friendly" branch of the military. School will come first for the next 4 years, then the 1-2 years after that, we'll be somewhat on the edge of our seats to see what happens.
          Thankfully, though, Petroleum Engineering is first and foremost in the front of our minds for a long term career. The girls and I will just have to make it through this winter, then we'll be able to start up our "college routine" again next fall.. :)
          Oh the places we go in life; always unexpected. :)

          P.S. I will have more recipes up soon - I promise! Still getting into the swing of things with a 2 year old and a 2 month old. They are seriously the funnest, sweetest, busiest girls in the world! Miss Maci is in her "too busy" "too picky" stage, so the "Chef Mama" in me has been trying so hard to find recipes that she'll actually eat! We may have to resort to the Oh So Famous macaroni and cheese. But I'm sure there's a delicious homemade recipe for that somewhere... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment